Day 29: Boat Basin Birthday Bash

Jacob Rubel 2012 2 Comments

Ben has pushed fitness as a major portion of this program.  We have been doing workouts from this book called 7 Weeks to Getting Ripped.  I anticipated getting up this morning at 6:30 to workout with everyone else, but I did not hear my roommate’s alarm this morning and I ended up waking up at 8:00 rather than 6:30.
The National Lacrosse League is off this week, but to honor my internship they are still giving me work to do while I stay at the dorm.  They sent me an email around 11:00 with my assignment for the week.  I have to update their entire media guide for each team, since it is only updated through 2011.  I know what this meant, more spreadsheet work.  I spent about 4 hours researching and writing down the information for one team.  One down, eight more to go.  Fortunately, the rest of the work will not take as long because I now know where to find all of the information, and I will not be watching Wimbledon all week while I am doing my work.
Ben had his birthday bash at the Boat Basin Café tonight.  The event started at 5:30, but in typical party fashion, there were a few stragglers who came a little after 6:00 or so.  Anyway, the bash was a lot of fun.  Everyone talked and drank the whole night and had a great time.  The café was right on the water and there was a wonderful view of the Hudson River.  A few of us left the bash a little after 9:00 because we were really hungry and wanted to get food from our favorite place in town, the Chelsea Food Mart, right across the street from the New School Dorms.
On the subway ride back to the dorms, Marcelo, a student from NYU, thought he knew a faster route home and hopped off the subway at the 1st stop so he could catch the express subway in hopes of making it to the Food Mart before everyone else.  A couple others got off on 8th Avenue and 23rdStreet, while Matt Mascolo and I got off at 8th Avenue and 18th Street.  Matt and I did not know that the 18th Street stop had an exit on 19th Street, so we were in luck and we beat everyone else to the Food Mart.
It took a while to get our food, but as always, the food was very good and was definitely worth the wait.  We got back around 10 or so and just spent the rest of the night watching T.V. and talking about whatever was on our minds.  The end of another great day at MSBA!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *